Sydney Skyline

Sydney Skyline

Monday, 16 April 2012

Down the Rabbit Hole we go!

Be what you would seem to be -- or, if you'd like it put more simply -- Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.”
“Reality is a mere dream of Psyche.”


Two Thursdays ago, I found myself wandering alone in Sydney with not a thing on my calendar. I had the whole afternoon to myself. No group meetings, no assignments, no lectures, no tutorials, nothing, the afternoon was mine. So with my afternoon free I went to a Contemporary Chinese Art Gallery called ‘The White Rabbit’. ‘The White Rabbit’ is located just south of George Street in Sydney and it was an easy walk down to expand my artistic and creative mind. Here's the website link, check it out it's pretty unique.

Here were some of my favorite pieces (thankfully photography was allowed):

Trash Collector

Xie Kun

Yarn

Fake Ruins

Ice Heart


Thousands of Trash Bags

My favorite artist was Xie Kun. Here's the full piece that I liked:


Here are a bunch more pieces of work I took from "The White Rabbit's" website:









No comments:

Post a Comment